The International Refugee Assistance Project (“IRAP”) is a dynamic and growing legal, policy, and advocacy organization that works to develop and enforce a system of legal and human rights for refugees and displaced people around the world. We are the leading organization that provides free and comprehensive legal services to people we serve through registration, protection, and resettlement processes.
IRAP operates offices in the U.S. (New York City), Jordan (Amman), and Lebanon (Beirut). We are a nimble organization staffed by an innovative and collaborative team that is committed to high standards of quality and close partnerships with our clients, peers, and colleagues.
Our legal services are supplemented by a corps of pro bono lawyers from leading U.S. and international law firms and multi-national corporations, and law students who have created IRAP chapters across the United States and Canada. Through this work, we aim to assist refugees and other displaced people to find safe passage and to transform the landscape of refugee rights in the U.S. and internationally.
IRAP has over 50 full-time staff, the majority of whom are based in the New York City office, with others working in field offices in Jordan and Lebanon or remotely. IRAP’s Operations Department is one of five departments (the others are: Legal, Policy/Communications, Development, and Litigation) and currently comprised of four team members in New York City, three in Beirut, and two in Amman. IRAP’s Operations Department supports the work of our staff, interns, and volunteers around the world through IT , finance, human resources, and administrative support.
IRAP is seeking an Operations Assistant. This position will provide Human Resources, IT, finance, and facilities support in the New York City office. We expect the role to have a variety of interesting tasks and responsibilities including supporting equity & inclusion programming, providing basic IT assistance, regular finance tasks, and general administration and staff event planning duties. The Operations Assistant will report to the Operations Manager who also works in the New York City office.
IRAP’s New York Headquarters moved to a new office in March 2019, with brand new technology systems and facilities policies in place. IRAP uses Concur and Quickbooks Online, and is currently phasing in a Blackbaud system for IRAP’s Development department. We provide a choice of PCs and Mac laptops to staff.
The Operations Assistant is someone who is excited to work as a generalist. The role does not require any specific training or experience, and we will train you on all the systems you need to use. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technology and software, and using creative solutions to solve multi layered problems with care for the people affected by your choices. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and excel at logistics and planning.
Administration and Staff Event Planning
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, managing food ordering and deliveries, and collecting and distributing mail for IRAP’s New York office.
- Organizes staff social events, including office lunches and team building activities. These may include events that take place after work hours.
- Sets up video conferencing for meetings with participants on audio and video from multiple locations.
- Assists with set up and maintenance of computers, docking stations, monitors, cell phones, and other hardware.
- Maintains an inventory of IRAP hardware.
- Performs basic data entry and processing in IRAP’s finance program, Concur.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer with providing data to the outside accounting firm and the auditor.
- Works with the Director of Operations and the Operations Manager to ensure that IRAP’s vendors and staff are paid on time.
- Makes deposits into IRAP’s bank account.
Human Resources and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Assists the Operations Manager with research and implementation of IRAP’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Works with external vendors and internal staff liaisons to create programming to support staff experiencing vicarious trauma.
- Provides assistance to the Director of Operations and the Operations Manager with onboarding and offboarding employees.
The Operations Assistant will work at IRAP’s U.S. office in New York City.
- Respect for the dignity of refugees and other displaced people and have a desire to help them reach safety
- Ability to use discretion and appropriate safeguards with confidential and sensitive data
- Very detail-oriented
- Comfortable working with finances
- Comfortable with PCs and Macs
- Customer service oriented to allow you to help other IRAP staff
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple incoming tasks and prioritize a range of duties
- Fluency in oral and written English.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references at this link.
Review of applications has begun and will continue on a rolling basis until a hire is made. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to each candidate individually
IRAP believes that diversity is critical to fostering a strong workplace and serving our clients well. We strongly encourage applications from people with lived experiences in the communities that we serve, members of other marginalized communities, and individuals underrepresented in the legal profession.
Salary Range: $43,260 – $50,000
The salary is flexible dependent on the successful candidate’s experience and skills. This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
IRAP offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including family health, dental and vision benefits with no employee-paid premiums, a retirement plan with an employer matching component, and twenty days of vacation, five personal days, and twelve sick days per year.