IRAP is now hiring an Operations and Communications Associate. If you’re interested, please see below for full details.
OPERATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE, JOB DESCRIPTION
The Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP) is a legal and policy advocacy organization that works to develop and enforce a system of legal and human rights for refugees, and provide them with direct legal assistance. A small in-house staff in New York provides IRAP’s services, supplemented by a field staff in the Middle East, as well as pro bono lawyers from leading law firms and law students who have founded IRAP chapters at 26 law schools in the United States and Canada. Together this network of lawyers and law students comprise over 1,000 pro bono legal representatives. IRAP is the first organization to provide comprehensive legal representation to refugees seeking to be resettled in the United States. IRAP is part of the Urban Justice Center.
This is an exciting opportunity with a young, creative, and dynamic human rights organization.
Case management (50%)
- Maintain records of pertinent client-related information by establishing and organizing files;
- Compile required data for individual cases and policy questions, and prepare and submit reports as requested from IRAP staff;
- Track and enter relevant data on a timely basis and maintain complete and organized client files;
- Coordinate with IRAP staff and IRAP law school chapters to receive casework progress updates in a timely manner.
- Update and write content for IRAP’s website;
- Take a leading role in developing IRAP’s online presence via new media;
- Manage and generate content for IRAP’s blog posts, Twitter and Facebook accounts;
- Maintain and update outreach lists for stakeholders, including donors, volunteers and media;
- Assist with policy-related communications and media outreach.
A qualified candidate will posses:
- Excellent writing, communication and analytical skills;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Experience with database management;
- An ability and willingness to work flexibly in a fast-paced, fast-growing, dynamic non-profit environment; and
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Candidates who, in addition to the above, possess the following, will be more likely to succeed at IRAP in this capacity:
- Past work or demonstrated interest in, or study of human rights or social justice; and
- At least one year of experience working in an office environment.
IRAP will offer a competitive salary depending on experience. IRAP offers excellent benefits, including full health and retirement plans, a flexible work schedule, and ample vacation time. IRAP is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is based in New York City.
Please send a resume, cover letter and references to: