For years, IRAP has advocated on behalf of its clients to ensure that the United States upholds its humanitarian obligations regarding the plight of refugees. Our legal and policy work has benefited thousands of refugees. We look forward to continuing this work, but we need your help!
The ramifications of the presidential election will not be known for weeks or even months. But it seems likely that, if left to its own devices, the United States—historically at the forefront of refugee resettlement—will play a vastly diminished and less constructive role in addressing the global refugee crisis.
We cannot let this happen. With your support, we will not let this happen. Instead, we are proving that the plight of refugees is anything but hopeless.
- Redoubling its commitment to providing life-saving legal assistance to the thousands of women, men, and children from Syria, Iraq, and elsewhere around the world who are caught up in this unprecedented refugee crisis;
- Intensifying its efforts to ensure that the United States continues its longstanding humanitarian role as a safe haven to refugees fleeing war and persecution;
- Enhancing its advocacy to ensure that the United States remains on the right side of history—abiding by its international obligations, the rule of law, and its commitment to building a strong, more diverse, and just nation.
Solving the world’s refugee crisis is a moral and humanitarian imperative, and IRAP is widely acknowledged as uniquely qualified to address this enormous challenge.
Most recently, IRAP was featured as a go-to organization on Humans of New York (HONY) and singled out on John Oliver’s acclaimed HBO program, Last Week Tonight, as the organization worthy of donor support to protect refugees. And we are leveraging traditional media outlets, such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and National Public Radio to defend the refugee program.
As HONY, John Oliver, and so many others urge, please join the growing ranks of IRAP supporters across the nation! Here is how you can help:
- Donate: by making a generous, tax-deductible contribution in support of this vital work, you are investing in proven solutions to the most serious refugee crisis since World War II.
- Sign up for our Action Alerts to receive emails on timely actions you can do to advocate for refugees.
- Volunteer: whether you’re a lawyer looking for meaningful pro bono work or someone with a bit of extra time on their hands, get in touch with us.
Together, we will ensure that refugees are welcome here!