Evaluation and Data Coordinator
If you are using a Mac, please submit your application using Firefox or Safari browser.
The International Refugee Assistance Project (“IRAP”) is a dynamic and growing legal and policy advocacy organization that works to develop and enforce a system of legal and human rights for refugees and displaced people around the world. We are the leading organization providing free and comprehensive legal services to people in need of a safe place to live and a safe way to get there.
IRAP operates offices in the U.S. (New York City, Washington, D.C.), Jordan (Amman), Lebanon (Beirut), and Germany (Berlin). Our legal teams work closely with a corps of pro bono lawyers from leading law firms and multi-national corporations, and law students who have created IRAP chapters across the United States and Canada. Through this work, we aim to assist refugees and other displaced people to find safe passage and to transform the landscape of refugee rights in the U.S. and internationally. IRAP has over 80 full-time staff members. We are a nimble organization staffed by an innovative and collaborative team that is committed to high standards of quality and close partnerships with our clients, peers, and colleagues.
IRAP is currently seeking an Evaluation and Data Coordinator to support the expansion of our organizational efforts to measure and evaluate our impact, identify relevant trends, and use data to guide our programming and strategy. This new position will work across the organization to ensure data integrity and quality and the effective tracking and reporting of organizational data. IRAP will be migrating from a legacy system to Salesforce, and this position will be critical in supporting a smooth and successful transition. The ideal candidate will be data- and tech- savvy with experience managing databases and large, complex data sets and a passion for utilizing data and evaluation to support IRAP’s mission.
The Evaluation and Data Coordinator will report to the Manager of Monitoring and Evaluation, will work collaboratively across all organizational departments, and will work closely with IRAP’s IT department.
- Support IRAP’s data and data systems across the legal services, litigation and policy departments.
- Manage data migration from our legacy system to Salesforce.
- Implement and oversee best practices around data integrity, validation, and accuracy. Train and support staff in data-entry and management, create necessary documentation and data-dictionaries, and ensure consistent and appropriate use of data tracking across organizational departments.
- Build and maintain data collection tools.
- Mass cleanse, manipulate, and update organizational data.
- Support IRAP’s ability to measure and evaluate our impact and utilize data to identify trends in service delivery and organizational efficiency, and make data-driven decisions.
- Perform analysis on organizational data, and produce summary reports and dashboards.
- Collaborate across departments and with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to develop and utilize consistent and relevant metrics.
- Utilize open-source and publicly available data sets to support organizational needs assessments, planning, and impact analysis.
- Identify information and data gaps and necessary system improvements to support effective and relevant analysis and evaluation.
Location: The ideal candidate will work in one of IRAP’s offices in New York City, Berlin, Amman or Beirut but remote work candidates will be considered. Upon starting at IRAP, work will be remote until it is safe to work from the office.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in evaluation, data management, data analysis, research, or similar.
- Experience with database management, especially with CRM or relational databases.
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning, and transformation techniques including duplicate management, mass updating, uploading and manipulation, and best practices around data validation and integrity.
- Experience with data analysis, reporting, and visualization.
- Strong task and project management skills, extremely detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with nonprofit evaluation and measurement.
- Familiarity with programming and data query tools (e.g., Python, PHP, SQL).
The annual salary for the position will be $50,000-$80,000 commensurate with experience and may be subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references at this link. Please indicate in your cover letter which office you would work from, or if you would be remote. Review of applications will start on July 1, 2021, and continue on a rolling basis.