If you are using a Mac, please submit your application using Firefox or Safari browser.
The International Refugee Assistance Project (“IRAP”) is a dynamic and growing legal and policy advocacy organization that works to develop and enforce a system of legal and human rights for refugees and displaced people around the world. We are the leading organization providing free and comprehensive legal services to people in need of a safe place to live and a safe way to get there.
IRAP operates offices in the U.S. (New York City, Washington, D.C.), Jordan (Amman), Lebanon (Beirut), and Germany (Berlin). Our legal teams work closely with a corps of pro bono lawyers from leading law firms and multinational corporations, and law students who have created IRAP chapters across the United States and Canada. Through this work, we aim to assist refugees and other displaced people to find safe passage and to transform the landscape of refugee rights in the U.S. and internationally. IRAP has over 80 full-time staff members. We are a nimble organization staffed by an innovative and collaborative team that is committed to high standards of quality and close partnerships with our clients, peers, and colleagues.
IRAP believes that diversity is critical to fostering a strong workplace and serving our clients well. We strongly encourage applications from people with lived experiences in the communities that we serve, members of other marginalized communities, and individuals whose identities are underrepresented in the legal field.
About IRAP’s Operations Department and the Tech Team
IRAP’s Operations Department, which is based out of New York City and has members in Germany and Lebanon, supports the work of our staff, interns, and volunteers around the world through IT, finance, human resources, and administrative avenues. The Tech Team exists within the Operations Department and currently comprises three team members.
IRAP is growing our tech staff as we seek to hire an IT Coordinator to provide technical support for IRAP’s use of various software and hardware systems. Specifically, this role will serve as the primary systems administrator for IRAP’s MS Office Suite and device management of our Windows PCs, Macs and staff cell phones. Additionally, this role will also provide direct technical support for resolving daily tech requests related to our various software/cloud systems, assist with the N.Y. office’s daily IT operations, provide IT onboarding support for new staff, and participate in other data, tech and operations projects as needed.
The IT Coordinator will report to the N.Y. Technology Systems Manager and will work closely with the Director of Technology, Analytics, and Automation (DATA) and other Operations staff.
- Administration of IRAP’s MS Office Suite, Azure AD, and Windows PCs.
- Administer our mobile device management platforms (MDM) for Macs and U.S. staff cell phones
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving daily data + tech requests and administering IRAP’s various software/cloud systems
- Assist with managing daily IT operations in the N.Y. office, such as IT onboarding for new staff, troubleshooting docking stations, monitors, printers and other computer peripherals
- Manage existing vendor relationships, which may include price negotiations, payments, warranty management, liaising with customer service departments, and at times, research new vendor options
- For interested candidates, there will be an opportunity to work on our cyber security related projects, or database administration/analytics, or other special data + tech projects
Location and Hours:
The candidate will work in IRAP’s New York City office. Upon starting work at IRAP, work would be remote until it is safe to work from the office. The position is full time (40 hours per week).
- Experience with Microsoft/Windows administration (Office 365, Azure, ActiveDirectory).
- At least one year of experience in a technical/IT support role – can include either a customer facing role and/or systems administration work.
- Customer service orientation that helps IRAP staff get the most out of our software, whether they are experts or novices.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to use discretion and appropriate safeguards with confidential data.
- Fluency in oral and written English. Additional languages are a plus.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or similar certifications are a plus.
The annual salary range for this position is $60,000 – $78,000 commensurate with experience, and is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references at this link. Review of applications will start on August 20, and continue on a rolling basis until a hire is made.
Candidates will be contacted for a first-round interviews after August 25 and those advancing to second-round interviews will be asked to complete a timed exercise.