The International Refugee Assistance Project (“IRAP”) is the first organization to provide free and comprehensive legal representation to refugees through the registration, protection, and resettlement processes. We are a dynamic and growing legal, policy, and advocacy organization that works to develop and enforce a system of legal and human rights for refugees and displaced persons around the world.
IRAP operates offices in New York, Jordan, and Lebanon. Our legal services are supplemented by a corps of pro bono lawyers from leading U.S. and international law firms and multi-national corporations, and law students who have created IRAP chapters at 29 universities in the United States and Canada.
IRAP believes in action, accountability, innovation, and candor. We are nimble, collaborative, and nonpartisan, and believe in the power of individuals to change their own circumstances. IRAP was founded in 2008 by a group of Yale Law students with a vision to change the status quo of global refugee processing in order to assist the most vulnerable refugees.
IRAP is seeking a Development Manager to work with a creative, dynamic, and growing legal and human rights organization in its New York office. IRAP’s Board, Executive Director, and development team have spent much time over the past few years building a network of engaged donors and supporters. The organization’s prospect pool is growing and IRAP is engaged in outreach and cultivation efforts with corporate, individual, and foundation funders. At this time, the organization seeks a full-time Development Manager with the energy and experience to assist the development team in identifying, nurturing, and stewarding funder relationships. The Development Manager will be an integral part of the IRAP team, reporting to IRAP’s Director of Development and Director of Institutional Giving.
- Spearhead IRAP’s growing corporate fundraising program, including outreach, cultivation, and proposals to corporate sponsors.
- Manage IRAP’s law firm giving program.
- Draft and submit funding proposals and sponsorship requests.
- Work with Board members and other supporters on outreach to corporate vendors and partners.
- Maintain annual grants calendar.
- Work with the Director of Institutional Giving to draft LOIs, grant proposals, and reports.
- Work with the Director of Development to implement strategies for donor development and engagement including:
- Plan, write, and execute annual appeals and tailored communications to monthly donors and donors with specific interests.
- Contribute to IRAP communications efforts, including quarterly newsletters, the annual report, materials for fundraising work, and ongoing message development and branding.
- Oversee and grow IRAP’s newly created Alumni Association.
- Work with the Development Assistant to research new individual, corporate, and
- institutional donor prospects.
- Maintain donor and prospect files.
- At least four years of experience working in a comprehensive and successful development program, with exposure to individual, corporate, and institutional fundraising.
- Substantial experience with CRM database management and accounting/budgeting systems.
- Ability to work comfortably with board members, major donor prospects, attorneys, and partner organizations with diverse cultural and social orientations.
- Superb writing, communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be highly organized and motivated, able to multi-task, manage a high volume workload, and have excellent time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced and high-pressure work environment.
- Prior nonprofit/NGO employment is a plus.
- Microsoft Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Interest in refugee/humanitarian issues.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, short writing sample (3-5 pages), and a list of three references using the application form available here.
IRAP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. IRAP offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health and retirement plans, a flexible work schedule, and vacation/sick leave.
This position is based in New York City.