During IRAP’s second annual Pro Bono Appreciation week on April 4-8, 2022, we honored 51 law students, pro bono attorneys, and volunteers from our network. These honorees represent some of our most dedicated and passionate volunteers. Whether they are assisting Afghan clients apply for Special Immigrant Visas, helping IRAP disseminate legal information to detained Liberians eligible for permanent status, or standing with us to challenge xenophobic Trump-era executive orders in federal court, these volunteers demonstrated exceptional commitment to IRAP’s clients and their communities over the past year.
On behalf of everyone at IRAP, thank you to all of the honorees and our entire pro bono and volunteer network for all the work that you do to ensure that everyone has a safe place to live and a safe way to get there.
2022 Pro Bono Appreciation Week Honorees and Videos:
Introduction Video by IRAP Executive Director Becca Heller
Excellent Case Team
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP and NYU School of Law: George Grandison, Harmony Jones, Liz Cassady, Kiri Van Lengen-Welty, and Mal Gulino
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP and American University Washington College of Law: George Grandison, Martin Willner, Judy Wang, Jana Moss, and Ariel Rawls
- UC Irvine School of Law: Anna Setyaeva and Hailey Phelan
- White & Case LLP: Philip Abelson, Arziki Adamu, Anissa Ghafarian, Carmen Lo, and Clay Roberts
Excellent Project Work by a Chapter
Excellent Litigation Team
- Shearman & Sterling: Jeffrey Resetarits, Mark Lanpher, Agnès Dunogué, Suzie Jing, Margaret McLoughlin, Samantha Peppers, and Deke Shearon
Excellent Pro Bono Attorneys
Excellent Chapter Leadership
Excellent Pro Bono Partner