Asylum is under attack, and we urgently need your help.
Welcoming people seeking safety is a cornerstone of our nation’s laws and values, but a new Senate bill threatens to dismantle asylum access and humanitarian protections for forcibly displaced people.
Even though this bill includes some welcome provisions, any attempts to roll back asylum protections lay the groundwork for lasting and wide-reaching harm to all forcibly displaced people. This bill would:
- Turn people seeking safety away at the U.S. border in violation of the Refugee Convention
- Leave people vulnerable to trafficking, persecution, and violence at the U.S. border like under Trump-era policies Title 42 and Remain in Mexico
- Deprive people seeking safety of due process protections, including by rushing asylum decisions and fast-tracking deportations to the circumstances they fled
- Criminalize people for seeking safety with expanded detention and surveillance, and further militarize the border with border wall construction
With your help, we can ensure that this bill never becomes law. Contact your Senators TODAY urging them to #SaveAsylum.
TAKE ACTION TODAY:
- Call your Senators TODAY and urge them to vote “No” on this bill and any bill gutting asylum protections.
- Tweet your support and encourage others to take action TODAY to #SaveAsylum.